Police Believe Red Bull Heir ‘Boss’ Is Residing in Austria

Vorayuth “Boss” Yoovidhya, the millionaire Red Bull scion wanted for killing a police officer in a fatal 2012 hit-and-run case, is reportedly hiding in Austria, authorities said.

However, the Royal Thai Police (RTP) has no evidence of his residence in the European country.

Deputy the House police affairs committee’s vice chairman, Sanya Nilsupan, revealed details about Mr. Vorayuth’s possible whereabouts after a meeting with RTP about the case.

Police believe the fugitive lives in Austria, but the search continues, and investigators are still trying to find him, Mr. Sanya added.

Interpol issued a red notice to arrest Mr. Vorayuth. Therefore, RTP’s foreign affairs division has sent a letter to its counterpart in Austria to verify his alleged residence and locate him.

Mr. Sanya said the committee did not plan to question other members of the Yoovidhya family, as they are not expected to cooperate because they were not involved in the hit-and-run.

According to the Palang Pracharath Party MP, the panel will focus on officials who can determine Mr. Vorayuth’s whereabouts and return him to Thailand to face justice.

Also, the authorities’ investigation into 18 officials who allegedly helped him flee the country is set to wrap up next month, he said.

Mr. Vorayuth, who faced several charges over the hit-and-run, postponed his court appearances more than five times. Then, the Red Bull scion fled out of Thailand.

While he was reportedly overseas, prosecutors dropped a speeding charge against him as its one-year statute of limitations had expired.

He was also charged with failing to stop to help a crash victim, but the charge expired on December 3, 2017.

Two charges are still active in Mr. Vorayuth’s case. The first one, which expired on September 3, 2017, was for narcotics use and was imposed after a drug test found cocaine in his system.

Mr. Vorayuth has also been charged with reckless driving causing death, and the charge is set to expire in 2027. The Office of the Attorney-General said it had initially planned to drop that charge but decided to pursue it in response to a public uproar over it.