Thai Aunt Visiting UK Identified Among the Four Killed Victims

A woman found dead alongside a father and his two young daughters has been identified as their aunt from Thailand, according to a statement from a friend.

The aunt, Kanticha Noon, 36, had been in the UK since December 27, staying with her sister Nanthaka’s husband, Bartlomiej Jakub Kuczynski, and their daughters, seven-year-old Downreuang and 12-year-old Jasmin.

Naty Wathanakul, a friend of Ms. Noon, revealed that Nanthaka, the mother of the girls, is devastated and heartbroken by the loss of her daughters and sister and is currently with friends for support.

Nanthaka was away at her caretaking job in Norwich when the incident occurred, sparing her life.

Authorities are investigating the scene in Costessey, near Norwich, where Ms. Noon, Mr. Kuczynski, and the children were found with stab wounds last Friday.

Ms. Wathanakul, who has known Ms. Noon since childhood, mentioned that she was scheduled to return home next month.

She added, “I know she was stabbed several times in her neck. That’s too cruel… She was my close friend, always helping her friends with everything. She was such a caring and kind-hearted person.”

Ms. Wathanakul noted that Ms. Noon had doubts about visiting the UK this time, although she usually traveled there once or twice a year.

She also shared, “She didn’t want to go to the UK this time for no particular reason, even though she normally went there once or twice a year.”

Ms. Wathanakul said, “She loved her nieces. I always saw pictures of them together. Being a single woman without a boyfriend or husband, she spent most of her time with those lovely girls.”

She also revealed that Mr. Kuczynski had “a mental health issue” and that “he wasn’t working anymore,” adding, “We don’t know the details.”

Ms. Wathanakul recalled Ms. Noon’s cheerful demeanor recently, chatting about Nando’s chicken and steak preparation.

A 999 call was made from the property on Allan Bedford Crescent early Friday, but there was a delay in police response.

The police were alerted by a public call around 7 am, an hour and 15 minutes after the initial call.

Norfolk Police, self-referring to the police watchdog due to the response delay, are not seeking additional suspects.

Chief Constable Paul Sandford of Norfolk Police expressed his condolences and acknowledged the community’s distress. He announced the police’s referral to the IOPC and their commitment to investigating the possibility of preventing the tragedy.

Sandford emphasized transparency in the investigation and an ongoing review of police practices. He also requested a thorough review from His Majesty’s Inspectorate of Constabulary and Fire and Rescue Services.

Flowers and unicorn toys were left near the scene as a tribute. The tributes were placed near the Stony Grove sign, a road connecting to Allan Bedford Crescent, where the house remains cordoned off by police, surrounded by several marked vehicles.

Matthew Cross, headteacher of Queen’s Hill Primary School, and Dr. Roger Harris from Taverham High School, announced in a joint statement that additional support is available for both students and staff.

They stated, “Both our schools have worked alongside colleagues from Norfolk County Council’s critical incident support team over the weekend to offer support and provision are in place so we can meet the needs of our pupils and staff at this difficult time.”

Post-mortem examinations revealed the man and woman died from stab wounds, with the girls’ examinations scheduled for Wednesday.

Detectives confirmed the man and children lived at the property, while the woman was visiting.

Following an earlier missing person inquiry at the address, the police had already referred themselves to the Independent Office for Police Conduct.

Detective Chief Inspector Chris Burgess reassured the community that no other suspects were involved and thanked them for their cooperation.